Thursday, January 13, 2011

automobile apocolypse

There are a lot of unexplainable things that keep me up at night-- my imagination just runs a little too wild.

Tonight, I have been thinking about the ridiculous strides car companies have made in my life time: blue tooth, gps, key-less starters, electric windows and locks, engines that run on electricity, sensors that brake when they sense a collision, sensors that spot pedestrians and animals in the road, etc. When are cars going to start driving for us? Or when are cars going to become so technologically advanced that they lock the doors and drive off, kidnapping everyone on the planet, never having to stop for a fill up.

I could explain more of the hypothetical inner workings of this take over, but I wouldn't want anyone to suffer with my imagination like I do.

Here is some further reading:

Audi's unintended acceleration

6 New car technologies in your not-so distant future (3 and 4 are creppppy)

Google robot cars (I hope this site is a hoax)




AM

No comments:

Post a Comment