Monday, November 29, 2010

A nightly love affair

Each night for the last several months, YouTube and I have been having a love affair. If you really try, it's beyond easy to find some pretty wild videos that you would never come across normally. I feel as if a veil as been lifted from my eyes because I've acquired several new "favorite" bands that I just can not stop listening to.  I have had some help guiding my hand on this, but all the same, I've put in the (wo)man hours. Here are a few of the bands that I kind of am in love with.

Asylum Party- A French new wave band that formed in 1985 and played "a very dreamy, refined kind of post -punk." (I'm not sure what's not to love.)


Norma Loy- Another coldwave band from France that has a more apparent goth/ghostly feel to me. They apparently still have a myspace page, I think it's worth a visit. www.myspace.com/normaloy


And lastly, something much more modern that I can't help but be in love with...

Warpaint- An  experimental rock band that was described to me as "pretty girls on clouds doing weird shit" and I have to say I agree. It's just lovely. They have a Full length that came out this year called The Fool that came out on Rough Trade, as well as an EP from 2008 called Exquisite Corpse. Neither has left my musical rotation in quite a while.  I hope to catch them at Making Time this Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment